- hiragana chart
- katakana chart
- katakana writing practice sheets
- blank writing practice sheet
Study with the sounds. Japanese Sounds Video
Print out those five files above and write on graph paper with a pencil.
Follow the first four steps. Start with file 2 (hiragana writing practice sheets).
5) Completely memorize all the hiragana and katakana in 2-3 weeks. (After seeing hundreds of students there’s a very high chance that 1 year later you’ll still be working on them and have not learned anything much if you’re still working on hiragana and katakana after a month. It can be a lot of waste of time and money. However, those who learned them by heart in 2-3 weeks became very fluent and conversational in a year. And, in 2 years they did not have to use English during the lessons.)
- Copy all the example sentences and vocabulary words in chapter 1 of Japanese For Dogs 1 as you read each one out LOUDLY. Repeat five times and memorize.
- Flip the hiragana letters to katakana and katakana letters to hiragana, and do step 1.